Friday, April 24, 2009

STOP BITING ME! Ok, just a little!

I'm guessing I'm not the only person with a spoiled dog? It really hurts when he bites me but he's just so cute! Really, though, disciplining Bill is a struggle because of his "special" history. Can a dog be timid and tough at the same time? If someone drops a book on the floor of our house Bill will fall over from trying to scramble out of the room so fast (we have wood floors). On the other hand, when he's having a good time any sort of "No," yelling, screaming, growling, "AT!" noises I make are completely ineffective.


When he first started to come out of his shell, jumping up on me and "mouthing" me was adorable and welcomed because we thought it was a sign of improvement. Now he is putting paw prints on everyone he sees (which is especially inconvenient during mud season!) and his mouthing has some bite to it! I'm trying to get it under control but I'm kind of at a loss. (Yes, I know I need to be more consistent with him)



(Jingle, jingle from upstairs) Bill is be waking up from his afternoon nap. He needed it after our great hike today. Any minute he's going to come downstairs and give me that look I can't resist. I guess it's time to take him to the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment