Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sometimes Life IS Unfair


My foster, Zoye, is such a great dog. If you recall, she lived in a cage for the first seven years of her life, then she was released to my rescue and adopted by the WRONG family (I'll keep my adjectives to myself), and then she came into my care three weeks ago. That family told me that they just "had" to keep her locked in the kitchen for the past six months because she couldn't be potty trained, and because of this they couldn't bond with her. Uh...okay...Zoye hasn't had an accident in my house for a week now. That family was missing out on the cutest "Boston Back Scratches" (she loves scratching her back on the couch as she wiggles around) and the most unbelievable loyalty imaginable. Zoye just rocks!

Unfortunately, I found "rocks" on Zoye's underside last week, too. She's got four mammary tumors that are being removed by laser today. After consider different options, like removing the entire mammary chains, we decided this less-invasive surgery would be best. They said she wouldn't bleed much and may not even need stitches. I'm sitting on pins and needles right now, waiting to hear how it went. Please pray for Zoye today - she needs all the support she can get!

Foster Update:
I need a little ray of sunshine today so I thought I would tell you about Craig and Poppi (scroll down if you forget who they are). Craig went to live with a couple in Denver a month ago. He was working on leash aggression which was the only thing I was really concerned about with this couple. They've continued my training with him and he's doing great!

Poppi went to a family with three children. I hadn't seen him around children before he met them and couldn't believe how he "lit up" in their presence. "Kyla who?" He walked right out the door with them and never looked back. It turned out to be a perfect fit, as two weeks later I got a call from the mom, thanking me and telling me how much fun they are having together. I'm so happy these two adoptions have worked out.

2 comments:

  1. I will most definitely be praying for your Zoye... and wow- this makes me sad to know the previous family never noticed the four mammary tumors. I hope everything went well with the laser surgery! Keep us posted...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AM PRAYING FOR ZOYE TOO! THANK YOU AND OTHERS WHO CARE SO MUCH! I HAVE HAD ALL MY DOGS FROM RESCUES AND ONES WHO "HAPPENED" TO COME TO MY HOUSE. I HAVE ONE NOW WHO "JUST HAPPENED" TO FIND ME ONLINE....I LOST TWO DOGS RECENTLY TO CANCER AND GOD HAD THIS ALL LINED UP FOR ME WITH MY NEW BEST FRIEND. GOD BLESS ALL HIS CREATURES AND EVERYONE WHO CARES FOR THEM TO GIVE THEM HOMES, SPECIAL PEOPLE!!

    ReplyDelete